Jan 8, 2009
Sony Ericsson unveils the C510 Cyber-shot™ and introduces Smile Shutter™ technology
08 January 2009
Sony Ericsson today announces its first mobile phone with Smile Shutter™ technology, wrapped up in its most affordable Cyber-shot™ phone to date; the C510 Cyber-shot™. The Smile Shutter™ technology will also be added to the 8.1 megapixel camera phone C905 Cyber-shot™, launched in November 2008.
Las Vegas, USA – January 7, 2009 – Sony Ericsson today introduces the beautifully simple C510 Cyber-shot™, its most affordable Cyber-shot™ phone to date, and an application upgrade to the C905 Cyber-shot™ phone, currently at the top of the charts across the globe.
The Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot™ portfolio has topped 32 million handsets sales worldwide demonstrating Sony Ericsson’s market leadership in bringing exciting new camera phone technology to consumers around the world.
The C510 Cyber-shot™ will make Sony Ericsson’s camera phone experience accessible to even more consumers and markets worldwide.
More consumers can now enjoy the Cyber-shot™ experience, without compromising on quality. Sony Ericsson continues to push design and innovation, as well as work with the best partners in the industry, to provide existing consumers and consumers in new markets the chance to enjoy the benefits of mobile photography.
The accessible C510 Cyber-shot™ handset is jammed packed with the highest quality imaging technology and encased in a stylish handset design expected from Sony Ericsson.
Beautifully simple C510 Cyber-shot™ features include:
* Reliable 3.2 megapixel Cyber-shot™ camera
* Smile Shutter™ – clever technology that detects a person’s smile and immediately takes the photo!
* Face Detection – focusing technology of up to three faces at a time
* Auto-rotation – alter the landscape and portrait view by rotating the mobile phone
* Snapfish by HP – pre-installed application allows users to send print orders from the phone to Snapfish and have quality photo prints delivered to their homes.
* YouTube™ enabled – upload your videos and images straight to the web
* Photo Fix – adjust light balance, brightness and contrast simultaneously
* SMS conversation style – see your entire SMS conversation history at a glance
* Slide in lens cover and illuminated imaging Shortcuts
* Auto focus – take the best shot
“We have been leaders and innovators in the camera phone segment since the company was started,” said Sven Totté, Head of Imaging Marketing at Sony Ericsson. “Now we are delighted to unveil the C510 Cyber-shot™, our most accessible Cyber-shot™ phone to date which includes a host of new features normally found on more premium phones. Features like Smile-Shutter™, YouTube integration and Snapfish by HP integration make the C510 Cyber-shot™ a really fun mobile phone to use. This phone will enable us to engage new markets and consumers to our Cyber-shot™ phone experience.”
The fantastic C905 Cyber-shot™ phone is now even better thanks to new software announced today by Sony Ericsson. The 8.1 megapixel camera phone has received tremendous feedback across the globe.
This upgrade is designed to add extra value to a consumer’s camera phone experience, and make a fantastic product even better. Consumers who already own a C905 Cyber-shot™ phone can easily download the new applications from mid-February 2009 at www.sonyericsson.com.
Capture the spontaneous moments in life with the C905 Cyber-shot™ upgrade, which features:
* Smile Shutter™
* WayFinder 8
* Snapfish by HP – high quality, best value prints. Place print orders directly from the mobile phone – no memory cards, cables or offload needed
* SMS/MMS conversation style - users can switch between the generic inbox or conservation chat where the entire message chain is presented at a glance.
Also announced today is a new colour of C905 Cyber-shot™, Tender Rose, available from Q1 2009 in selected markets and IM502, a new camera phone tripod, available in stores now.
The C510 Cyber-shot™ supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSPA 850/1900/2100. C510 Cyber-shot™ will be available in selected markets from Q1in the colours Future Black and Radiation Silver.
The Sony Ericsson C510 Cyber-shot™ at a glance
* 3.2 megapixel camera
* Auto focus
* Up to 3.2x digital zoom
* Smile Shutter™
* Face detection
* Photo fix
* Photo light
* Video light
* Picture blogging
* Video blogging
* Video recording
* Media player
* Album art
* Mega Bass™
* Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP)
* Music tones (MP3/AAC)
* Access NetFront™ Web browser
* Web feeds
* Photo feeds
* Polyphonic ringtones
* Vibrating alert
* Video calling
* Picture messaging (MMS)
* Predictive text input
* Sound recorder
* Text messaging (SMS)
* Instant messaging
* Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync™
* Chat view
* Navigation key
* Auto rotate
* Picture wallpaper
* Wallpaper animation
* 3D games
* Motion gaming
* FM radio with RDS
* Video streaming
* Video viewing
* Bluetooth™ technology
* USB mass storage
* USB support
* Geo tagging of photos (cell-id)
* Google Maps™
* Alarm clock
* Flight mode
* Phone book
* Battery Charger
* IM502 Camera Phone Tripod
* Stereo Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-PV715
* Digital Photo Frame IDP-100
Facts and Figures 1)2)
* Size: 107 x 47 x 12.5 mm
* Weight: 92 grams
* Future Black
* Radiation Silver
* Main screen: 262,144 colour TFT, scratch-resistant
* Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels
* Size: 2.2 inches
* Phone memory: Up to 100MB
* Memory card support: Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™)
* Talk time GSM/GPRS: Up to 10 hrs
* Standby time GSM/GPRS: Up to 400 hrs
* Talk time UMTS: Up to 4 hrs
* Standby time UMTS: Up to 350 hrs
* Video call time: Up to 2 hrs 20 min
Availability and versions
* GSM/GPRS/EDGE 900/1800/1900
* UMTS/HSPA 2100
* GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
* UMTS/HSPA 850/1900/2100
* GSM/GPRS/EDGE 900/1800/1900
* Available in selected markets from Q1 2009.
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant.
2) Talk and standby times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.
© Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2009.
The liquid identity, TrackID and PlayNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony, Walkman, Mega Bass and Smile Shutter are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
TrackID is powered by Gracenote Mobile MusicID. Gracenote and Gracenote Mobile MusicID are trademarks of Gracenote, Inc.
Bluetooth is a trademark or registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc.
Picture blogging is powered by Blogger. Blogger, YouTube and Google Maps are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc. Google is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc.
Snapfish, the Snapfish logo, and other Snapfish graphics, logos, and service names are trademarks of Snapfish.
Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Microsoft and Exchange ActiveSync are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Subject to change without prior notice.
Sony Ericsson is a top global industry player with sales of over 100 million phones in 2007. Diversity is one of the core strengths of the company, with operations in over 80 countries including manufacturing in China and R&D sites in China, Europe, India, Japan and North America. Sony Ericsson was established as a 50:50 joint venture by Sony and Ericsson in October 2001, with global corporate functions located in London.
FOR MEDIA INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Sony Ericsson Global Communications & PR
Mattias Holm: +44 208 762 6065
General Press: +44 208 762 5858
Product images: www.sonyericsson.com/press