Mar 26, 2011

Verizon Wireless - HTC ThunderBolt 4G Android Smartphone

HTC ThunderBolt 4G Android Smartphone review: I just got this phone as an upgrade from the original Droid. I have only used it for about a day so far, but I can honestly say it was well worth the upgrade. 4G is wicked fast. I got 15Mbps down and 25Mbps on my phone. That's insane! Everything else about the phone feels fast too. HTC Sense comes with some bloatware and small annoyances, but it's amazingly smooth and does have some improvements over stock OS. The screen, while not Super AMOLED, looks really good. It's the same resolution as many other phones but it looks beautiful and the contrast is better than I expected.

Battery life isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It should last a full day, but I think i'll get the extended battery anyway. The camera isn't great, but it's not bad. The addition of a front facing camera is nice and the camcorder function takes higher quality video than I expected. The only gripe I have is that the screen squeaks occasionally when pressed, but it's not too annoying. I wish it had support for more video codecs like mkv, but few phones have that right now. Overall, it's easily the best phone on Verizon right now. It's not dual core, but it acts like it, so while the benchmarks may not show it to be as fast as the Atrix or Bionic, it feels and acts just as fast in real-life. There's nothing to be dissapointed about with this phone.

HTC ThunderBolt 4G - Technical Details:

  1. Ultra-fast, 4G-enabled smartphone running Android 2.2 with 4.3-inch multi-touch Super LCD display
  2. GPS for navigation and location services
  3. 8-MP camera; 1.3-MP front-facing camera for video calls; HD 720p camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music;
  4. 1400 mAh rechargeable battery for extra-long talk time and video playback; released in February, 2011
  5. What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 32 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide
  6. microSD expansion; HTML web browser; corporate and personal e-mail

No comments: